Benefits of Indoor Plants
Benefits of indoor plants
Life can be so busy and fast paced that we don’t often get the chance to admire nature. 80% of us live in urban areas, where we spend 90% of our time indoors – have we forgotten about nature completely? There is a fair chance we have, through no fault of own as our cities disconnect us from nature.
Indoor plants can help us connect to nature, and deliver amazing benefits to your business and people, highlighted by the below research-led figures;.
We often think items such as computers, printers and furniture are key productivity drivers. However, they emit an indoor pollutant known as Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) that contribute to Sick Building Syndrome (SBS). This is in addition to Carbon Dioxide and Carbon Monoxide.
- Just 3-6 indoor plants can reduce VOCs to below 100 parts per billion (ppb), which is below the recommended Australian minimum of 500 ppb.
- Carbon Dioxide can be reduced by 10-25%
- Carbon Monoxide can be reduced by 20%
This ties in directly with amazing health benefits as pictured above and greater productivity for your people! Indoor plants can reduce:
- Dry eyes, nose and throat by 20%
- Perceptions of pain by 25%
- Coughing and wheezing by 35%
- Sick leave by up to 60%!
The impact of indoor plants on your people is amazing.
Want to learn more about how they benefit your business, including business perception and staff productivity? Visit our Plants and Your Business page.